About Me

My photo
I am 19 years old studying Marketing and Public Relations and loving it! I want to travel and finally finish my degree and perhaps do another degree in professional writing as well! Who knows what the future holds!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blog 11 facebook and twitter 2

Facebook:
Well, i have finally become friends with Midland swan and sent them a message and posted on their wall. It is nice to see good communication between libraries and their staff across W.A.
I think this is why facebook can be so benefical for organisations especially for us as a local library.

Facebook is relatively easy to use alhthough as it changes all the time it can get confusing, and the chat is efficent enough as it  always shuts down.

I do think it is not appropiate to be used  for work purposes. However their can be a personal profile a user may have and a business profile. It is good for advertising, promoting and updating events and new things that happen in our local library. I think cockburn does a great job with their page as i am constantly getting updates about what is happenin/ happens in cockburn libraries.



Twitter:

I am a new user to twitter and have tweeted 3 times, i do not have much to say but i am excited for xmas and new years as i will be away for a while in the coming new year. Twitter is extemely different to facebook and i enjoy facebook better. it gives a chance to be more communicative , fun, funny as well as being able to relate to other people and groups.

I am following a range of things like lady gaga and vogue and swan libraries. I also have 4 followers which i was happy about being so new to twitter.

Twitter is good for fast and interesting news now! it is good for current events and when something you want to share with the world straight away i think twitter is more better to use rather than facebook.

I do think it can get a bit ridiculous with what people tweet however i think the same with what people post with facebook, it goes either way.

Well only a few more tweets to go, but i think i will stick to facebook!

3 comments:

  1. Yes Carla I am the same I think I will stick to facebook I just can't get the hang of twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will stick to facebook as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont like twitter but my daughter(15 y.o) does, she likes to follow bands like short stack.

    ReplyDelete