About Me

My photo
I am 19 years old studying Marketing and Public Relations and loving it! I want to travel and finally finish my degree and perhaps do another degree in professional writing as well! Who knows what the future holds!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blog 12 - Online Videos

Online videos :
I enjoyed watching the Curtin Video and thought it was very interesting as it is nice to here what is going on from my universitys point of view.

Our libraries can do some different things to! this may sound original but what if we had the oppurtunity to use online videos to capture our storytime moments, or the wonderful activities that cockburn libraries have. People could use and share videos online only as a memeber of our libaries so if children cannot attend, or cannot be there at the point in time they havent missed out.

We could use online videos to post on our websites to promote activities in the library. I watched a really cute video of a young girl expressing her need for more technological advances in libraries. Seeing as things are all online, we could a page for kids only, with videos, stories, games all to do with favourite authors and kids dvds being able to be shared and accessed online.

Videos could be used to have the point of view of the staff being documented as  way of interacting with staff memebers and the public. We could go around and interview people in the library on the spot and ask them perhaps what it means to them to be a member of our library? this would help marketing our library and making it and even better place to apart of.

Also as iphone are so popular and yes children at the age of 3 should not have one! i think creating an application would be a good idea, you check the latest events, books, activities for children as well as your closest library location, contact details and maps!

Enjoy!


This video is adroable and it made think how technology can be so influential for children even at the age of 3!

3 comments:

  1. Hm... Abbey I'm not so sure about, somehow that dosn't sound like her own language although she is great at it. Also I love the podcasting idea but there is no way I'm going to podcast my storytimes. I think I'm getting a bit too tired to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of marketing our library:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it is a good idea to promote library activities, but would you really want to post a regular online video of storytime etc. Would this encourage people to bring their children to the library or just have them watch storytime at home.

    ReplyDelete